Saturday, May 28, 2011

All in a May day

It was a bit misty when I woke up this morning to find the snails feasting on the rose bush.

Too bad he isn't so edible...
The roadside squirrels were particularly jumpy... 


I guess he didn't like being barked at by my boss' 38 lbs lap dog...

I don't know what he was dreaming about, but I was glad he wasn't drooling.
On another note, I walked past this rather audacious ads posted on a telephone pole a few days ago... 


I mean... what's with that, ay? How blatantly illegal (not to mention unethical) can that get???

2 comments:

Georg said...

Hi Smorgy,

Great stuff, the Fake Job Reference Service. I hope the guy will be able to make a living out of this.

Your squirrels don't look like ours here. European sq. are clad in a rusty red, or teck if you prefer.

Georg

Lankin said...

Hmm there are actually both kinds; I heard they are having trouble (if it can be called like that) with the grey-coated ones slowly outnumbering the others in London, but I'm not sure. Here (South of Germany) it is almost an even mixture between red ones and others.

Concerning the job-reference forging agency... I rather found that too many qualifications can be a drawback, really. Terry Pratchett is right, as always, when he says,
"An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on."